The type of foods in the Hebrew Yisraelite Culture is according to the dietary laws in the bible. The dietary law allows for meat or animal flesh consumption of certain animals. The dietary law which YHWH gave to his set-apart people, restricts certain animals as food because they were deemed unclean to man by the Living Elohim. The dietary law also requires clean animals, allowed as food, to be handled a certain way with certain restrictions on them also. Many Hebrew Ysraelites are turning Vegan (eating only herbs, seeds, fruits & vegetables, no eggs or milk) or Vegetarian. Some are even raw vegan (only herbs, seeds, fruits & uncooked vegetables).
THE VEGETARIAN HEBREW YISRAELITE CULTURE
When YHWH created man (& beast), he gave them food that was grown from the ground to eat, such as herbs, seeds, fruits & vegetables.
“And Elohim said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”– (Genesis 1:29) This is referred to as the original diet or vegetarian diet.
This diet is heavily promoted by the Hebrew Yisraelites in Jerusalem, sometimes referred to as African Hebrews Yisraelites in Jerusalem under Ben Ammi. Their goal is to live long & be healthy. Quote from their website -
“The African Hebrew Israelites of Jerusalem are comprised of approximately 2,000 men, women and children residing in three development towns – – Dimona, Arad and Mitzpe Ramon – – in southern Israel. We maintain a vibrant culture which includes a communal lifestyle, a vegan diet, a system of preventive health care and high moral standards – – a holistic approach to life based on righteousness. Our intent is to live according to the laws and prophecies of God.” - http://africanhebrewisraelitesofjerusalem.com/?page_id=2
Solar Panel cooking in Jerusalem – Read Article
Many Hebrew Yisraelites who are not part of the Kingdom of Yah in Jerusalem, are vegetarians. Many believe that the Kingdom of Yah will be a sort of Vegetarian Kingdom according to some of the following scriptures.
FUTURE PROPHESY OF A VEGETARIAN KINGDOM…
Hosea 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith YHWH.
Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.7And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. 9They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of YHWH, as the waters cover the sea.
Being a Vegetarian is not a law, but a preference in diet & lifestyle. The animals have not received a covenant from YHWH, therefore we do not live in this type of kingdom as of yet.
THE DIETARY LAW ALLOWS FOR EATING CERTAIN KINDS OF MEAT
The dietary law that YHWH gave the Yisraelites allowed for eating only certain animals who were deemed clean by YHWH. Those who keep the covenant are not permitted to eat unclean animals & other dietary limits such as not eating blood or fat of any animal.
Most Hebrew Yisraelites are not vegetarians, but they DO FOLLOW THE DIETARY LAWS in the bible. Please read this post for more information about the Dietary Laws in the bible “25 Dietary Commandments; Clean & Unclean Flesh; What is allowed for Food by Yah?“ which goes into more detail.
I will summarize some of the highlights of the DIETARY LAW; which lists everything that YHWH considers as food & what he deems unclean for his set-apart people to eat.
- Eat Herbs, Seeds, Fruits, & Vegetables as your food
- Do not eat blood, it must be completely pour out of the animal
- Do not eat fat of any animals (but the fat can be used for other things)
- Do not eat any animal that dies of itself
- Do not eat any animal that is killed by another animal
- Do not boil a kid in his mother’s milk (taken to mean do not to boil a goat in goat milk or do not boil a young goat that is not weaned)
- Your permitted to eat water animals that have fins & scales
- Do not eat any water animals without fins & scales
- Your permitted to eat only of the clean birds (see list)
- Do not eat of the unclean birds (see list)
- Set mother bird free when taken the nest with eggs or young
- Your permitted to eat only beasts with parted hoofs & that eats the cud
- Do not eat of any beast that do not have parted hoofs, or that doesn’t eat the cud (see list)
- Do not eat or touch an unclean dead animal
- Your permitted to eat certain creeping things you may eat as the locust (see list)
- Do not eat creeping things; except for the expection
- Do not eat worms or insect that creep
- Do not eat reptiles
- Do not eat an ox that killed a human
- Do not eat of the harvest until you give YHWH his portion
- Do not eat from the young fruit trees the first 3 years
- Fast on the day of atonement (do not eat or drink for 24 hrs on this day)
- Eat unleavened bread for 7 days on the week of the feast of unleavened bread
- Do not eat anything unleavened during the feast of unleavened bread
- Do not eat leaven with the passover
These are the dietary laws.
Please comment if you think I may have missed one.
NOTE: Most Yisraelites communities, camps or sole individuals who keep the covenant adhere to these dietary guidelines; however some vary in their belief with keeping the feast day commandments. Some communities or congregations do not believe they are required to keep the feast days because sacrificing animals are involved or/& it should be kept only in Yisrael or/& we do not sacrifice animals anymore.
Written by Bayadwa Yisrael
(625) page views